Wednesday 14 January 2015

Ciara slays for L'Uomo Vogue Latest Edition.

Ciara

Ciara

INTERVIEW EXCERPTS
Ciara Princess Harris simply known as Ciara, began writing songs at the age of 13. Today, at 29, with five albums and sales of seven million disks to her name, she is one of the veterans of the music industry. She has worked with legendary producers (Luke Boy, Polow Da Don), top musicians (Pharrell, will.i.am) and bestselling pop artists (Ludacris, Nicki Minaj, Missy Elliott and Justin Timberlake) 

More when you continue..


On Sexuality she says.."I love to express my sensuality, it makes me feel good. I think that goes for all women, we all want to express our sexuality. It is a form of power, it makes you feel self assured, in control. Every woman wants to feel sexy, and I like to play with hints and suggestions, turn it into a performance" It is a form of empowerment, and her idols are all world famous alpha-females like Missy Elliott, Madonna and Oprah. But her real god is Michael Jackson, "the most important world presence in the history of music".

Ciara comes from a military family, her father from New York, her mother from Atlanta. 
ON Family she says"I’m a real military brat, an only child, brought up at different army bases, a little here, a little there: Germany, Arizona, Georgia and California. I learned early on how to adapt to new places, make new friends, and start over. It came in handy later on, when I was away from home on tour for months on end. But my roots are in Atlanta where I have my home and my family.

                         Ciara

 I’m a Georgia Peach. That’s what they call Atlanta girls",From her father she learned discipline, and to be organized, punctual and never lazy. She started working when she was very little. "I’ve been dancing since I could walk, and singing since I could talk. I’ve always had a total, absolute relationship with music. I always knew what I wanted to do with my life, that I had something special in me, a God-given gift".

You could even say that her first professional encounter came by the grace of God. "I always believed in the power of convictions, and words. I talked music with everyone, with nothing particular in mind. Then one day they asked me if I wanted to do an audition for a band. That same evening I went along with my mother, and they hired me». A year later Ciara began her solo career. At 15 she was writing songs and signed her first contract. And she never looked back.

On Men she says.."I’ve always been strong. I learned early on how to deal with men. For them interaction is based on looks. That’s the first thing they are interested in, so you have to learn right away to win their respect". She made her debut album “Goodies” when she was 19, aimed at girls her own age (“don’t treat me like an object, or you will never have me”). With Like a Boy, a few years later, she reaffirmed her independence as a young woman in the male world of rap and hip hop (“come on girl, do like he does…”).


 Ciara

On her Music .. She is currently finishing her sixth album (it has no title yet), due out in spring. "It will be an authentic album, real. I talk openly and honestly about my emotions as a woman, mother, about my ambitions, but also my vulnerability, my happy moments and my sad moments".

On her seven month old Son  Ciara says "For him I want to be the best mother in the world, and also the best business woman. I want to realize all my ambitions, and I know deep down in my heart that I will. I want to be very rich, because that’s the only way I will be able to do everything I want to".

 Ciara

On her plans for the future: one day she wants to be considered the top entertainer of all time, inspire other young women, and do charity work for children. "My dream is to have homes all over the world, and continue to take on new ventures. After all", she says seriously, as she pokes another forkful of broccoli, "who said there was no room in this world for another Oprah?"

 Ciara

Another Oprah eh??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated.Thanks for Stopping by!

Need To contact me?
Email: shalliespurplebeehiveads@gmail.com

Twitter: @shalliebee